View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013   #154
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331336 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: LZ: The offense is very much broken and Kubiak canít rely on Ďthe systemí he has

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
You mention the predictability... While that may be a problem, I think something else is going on that I have noticed in the Packer Game and 1st Indy game, particularly. You are correct that defenses have sometimes seem to know what the play was at the snap and correctly commit to it. GB seemed to identify when we were running the stretch and when we were running play action off of it very early. Also, Freeney and Mathis seemed, on a couple plays, seemed to know we were passing despite the play-action.

I think that one of the offensive linemen (likely Newton or Jones) is tipping the defense. I haven't researched it but I'm fairly certain that is a big problem we are dealing with. I'd love to hear if others have noticed anything.
I think the play calling predictability is a made up couch coaches BS critique when they start wanting to criticize a team.

Now your second point may be spot on. I haven't spotted it but I will give two examples.

#1 - For a time period Tony Dorsett only put his mouth piece in for running plays and teams were keying off on it until the Cowboys figured it out.

#2 - Can't remember which RT it was but Vinny came with me to a game (this was several years ago so not current crew) and spotted he was giving away run v. pass based on whether he elevated his heel on his outside foot when he set.

Little things having nothing to do with play calling or the QB can jack up an offense.