View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013   #153
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131162 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: LZ: The offense is very much broken and Kubiak canít rely on Ďthe systemí he has

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textan View Post
Respectfully, last year was last year. Kubiak's inability or unwillingness to see and adapt THIS YEAR tells me he has indeed digressed as a coach. To have a team implode the way these Texans have THIS YEAR is a monumental failure. Sure, some blame should be placed on these players. But overall I believe it it Kubiak's fault for not changing or refusing to change, adapt, see what other teams were doing to his team. His play calling became overly predictable, IMO, so much so the once potent offense has become futile. When you have TV announcers making observations about the funk this team was in, and their inability to score a TD for so and so quarters, something's terribly wrong.
The holes weren't there anymore for Foster. When Schaub the Sloth dropped back in the pocket that pocket collapsed almost immediately, and we know how bad Schaub is under pressure.
To me that says defenses know what's going to be called beforehand, because, BECAUSE Kubiak's play calling is almost the same every damn game.
I don't hate Kubiak. I believe he's an outstanding man with good principles.
I don't hate Schaub either.
But, I'm extremely frustrated at what appears to be a wasted season on a learning lesson. A lesson most competent HC's would have recognized many games back.
Msr.

Being a great coach...or just an average coach includes adapting on the fly. I've seen our defense do it at times...Kubiak and the offense? Not so much.