View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013   #31
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I say its all on Schaub's Play and Kubiak's Playcalling

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
I'm no Kubiak apologist as his play calling and stubborness drives me up the wall at times...but...I have a hard time always blaming kubiak. He may be calling the correct pass plays for the defense against us. When schaub throws to a guy in tripple coverage I don't immediately blame kubiak. When schaub throws to a guy 2 yards beyond the line of scrimmage on 3rd and 14, I don't immediately blame kubiak. When schaub doesn't see or feel the blitz everyone else knows is comming and option to a hot route, I dont immediately blame kubiak.
There have been plays to be made .... the guy's on the field , Schaub most notably , just havent gotten the job done.

Look back at the Dolts game and see how many plays were left on the field .... Casey gets behind the entire defense , Schaub underthrows him resulting in an INT. #80 drops a sure TD , at least 9 other plays I saw where Schaub made poor reads , either missing open recievers or throwing into coverage or just plain bad throws.
An offensive line that allowed the Dolts backup defensive linemen to consistently penetrate on rushing plays .... and had several panalties.

Its hard for me to blame the guy calling the plays when the players make so many mistakes .... when these are the same plays they ran earlier in the year and were putting up 30 a game.

Each play is a microcosm .... each player has to do their part and any failure by any one player negatively affects that of all the others , some more magnified than others .... There have been far too many individual failures over the course of the last 6 games.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote