View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013   #152
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 68788 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: LZ: The offense is very much broken and Kubiak canít rely on Ďthe systemí he has

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textan View Post
Respectfully, last year was last year. Kubiak's inability or unwillingness to see and adapt THIS YEAR tells me he has indeed digressed as a coach. To have a team implode the way these Texans have THIS YEAR is a monumental failure. Sure, some blame should be placed on these players. But overall I believe it it Kubiak's fault for not changing or refusing to change, adapt, see what other teams were doing to his team. His play calling became overly predictable, IMO, so much so the once potent offense has become futile. When you have TV announcers making observations about the funk this team was in, and their inability to score a TD for so and so quarters, something's terribly wrong.
The holes weren't there anymore for Foster. When Schaub the Sloth dropped back in the pocket that pocket collapsed almost immediately, and we know how bad Schaub is under pressure.
To me that says defenses know what's going to be called beforehand, because, BECAUSE Kubiak's play calling is almost the same every damn game.
I don't hate Kubiak. I believe he's an outstanding man with good principles.
I don't hate Schaub either.
But, I'm extremely frustrated at what appears to be a wasted season on a learning lesson. A lesson most competent HC's would have recognized many games back.
You mention the predictability... While that may be a problem, I think something else is going on that I have noticed in the Packer Game and 1st Indy game, particularly. You are correct that defenses have sometimes seem to know what the play was at the snap and correctly commit to it. GB seemed to identify when we were running the stretch and when we were running play action off of it very early. Also, Freeney and Mathis seemed, on a couple plays, seemed to know we were passing despite the play-action.

I think that one of the offensive linemen (likely Newton or Jones) is tipping the defense. I haven't researched it but I'm fairly certain that is a big problem we are dealing with. I'd love to hear if others have noticed anything.