View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013   #4
legacy_gt
All Pro

Rep Power: 7091 legacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: split back formation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
The problem with a foster/tate backfield is casey is a far better blocker and receiver then tate. Are you willing to take him out on a pass play when our ol sucks?

I'd actually like to see it to under the right circumstances because it puts one of our more explosive players on the field (taterr.)

However, in a split back set the backs are way closer to the line of scrimmage. You might of noticed foster lines up DEEP. This seems to be intentional as it gives the back more time to wait on blocks and pick the cut. I dont know if thats accurate or just an assumption on my part, but the last time I saw a back line up as deep as foster it was jamal lewis.
there are worst offensive lines than ours. a sweep to either right or left with the open running back blocking would be a cool play too.

even with our off line, a screen to either right or left would also be good. in the grand scheme of things, i think a double back adds more diversity and a diff look to our texans...especially when we have very good backs in tate and foster.

wildcat imo needs to have at least the Fb or rb being able to throw.
legacy_gt is offline   Reply With Quote