View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013   #37
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 23872 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Blame the team not the refs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Skinnz View Post
I am a Colts season ticket holder and was at the game on Sunday. The complaining about the officials strikes me as funny because there were plenty of calls that had the home crowd booing. It is all perception.

1) The Vontae Davis is clearly overblown on this board because the league has not found too much wrong with what he did since no fine has been announced.
2) Whoever thought the game is was rigged - freaking funny stuff there.
3) To the guy complaining about holds on the kick return and reviewing the play, it simply does not matter. Even if reviewed and the "holds" were evident, the play still stands. They cannot retroactively call those kinds of penalties.

I would stop bitching about the refs and worry more about:
1) The right side of your o'line
2) Schaub and his vacant stare
3) Lacking the discipline to not jump offsides
4) Giving up two long TD's.
5) The tremendous lack of momentum going into the post-season.

Those are all far more important than the perceived slights by the refs.
Overblown? The guy touched an official, you can be ejected no questions asked for that move, and wasn't a light touch.

As for the home town crowd, how many penalties against the home team have you heard cheered. Every penalty no matter how obvious is boo'd by the hoime crowd.

As for being rigged, I don't think the game was rigged. Do I think things were biased? Absolutely. Between the Chuckstrong thing, and the "Texans have never beat Indy in Indy thing", it was a joke. Two storylines that got drummed all freaking day long. In the end the NFL is here to make money, its a business.

As for the stuff we are suppossed to worry about per you, we have beat that stuff to death. the reasons the officials come in to play is because of those issues. I Houston was playing like week 1-6, you'd never see this thread because it would have been 41-6 Houston. This thread is because the score would have been much closer if things were called differently.

In two trips to Indy in two years, horrible officiating both times, case closed.