View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Cincinnati Bengals - Our old pal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texan View Post
i agree, but i'm just pointing out the difference between this year and last year.

offense has to pick it up but i would also like to see our defense play at the elite level they played in the 2nd half of last year, but that may be a tall order with no cushing and barwin back to invisible status.
Not only is that different from last year, but different from the beginning of the year.

We've had to deal with injuries & so far it's been a struggle. Defense I can understand, we've yet to start the same two ILBs for two weeks in a row since Cushing went down, in addition to other issues like Brooks. So there's going to be some loss of production there.

However, the facts I cherry picked were just to show that we are getting better. Still far off from where we want to be, but hopefully heading in that direction with the guys we've got left.

Dobbins & James will not match Cushing's production, inspiration, or plain old fear-factor. But we should be able to do enough to give our offense a chance (& technically we've done that much since the second half of the New England game, despite the injuries.

Again, not the top 5 defense we want, but it is what it is.