View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013   #14
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 14263 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cincinnati Bengals - Our old pal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
We held the Colts to 265 yards of total offense. (we also got no turnovers, couldn't get off the field on 3rd down, and had a lot of penalties that extended drives. not to mention the special teams.) We held Adrian Peterson to less than 90 yards rushing (and didn't make it tough for ponder in the passing game).

We're not playing Brady here. The Bengals look better because of their defense. If we have to make 80 yard drives, it's going to be ugly.

But our defense doesn't need to be as good as theirs to frustrate their offense. A couple of short fields, a couple of TDs (wishful thinking) & this game is ours.
i agree, but i'm just pointing out the difference between this year and last year.

offense has to pick it up but i would also like to see our defense play at the elite level they played in the 2nd half of last year, but that may be a tall order with no cushing and barwin back to invisible status.
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote