Thread: Real Talk
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013   #27
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Real Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucetx View Post
While I can understand the sentiment there are a couple of things.

1. Butler's injury is irrelevant. He got beat out by that 7th round pick before he got injured. In other words, he was going to be on the bench and could not play any better than Newton. I remember watching them tightly in preseason and he did absolutely nothing of regard and separate himself from Newton. Secondly, the musical chairs at guard had nothing to do with injury either. Kubiak had issues with the running game and performance and that is when he began rotating Ben Jones in. Caldwell wasn't performing great. Simple as that. You're searching for something there but it is as simple as the guys aren't playing very consistent.

2. Injuries are part of the game. Folks really need to stop that as an excuse because every single team has them. The best coaches learn to adapt and put the tools at their disposal in the best situation for results. As for the edge rushers that has little to do with Cush. With Watt's emergence the edge guys have had one on one blocking. If they can't beat one on one blocks that is on them. They would have the same if Cush is there. But really have to stop with the injuries. Even with them we were still a more talented team than the Colts and Vikings.

I'm all for your sentiment. At the same time your points don't really do anything to change that tide. I can understand the frustrations of others and have no issues with their reactions. Just how some fans are and they just want the team we all love to play to it's true potential. Nothing wrong with that.
Caldwell was already on the injury list for the game in week 2 with an ankle sprain.
I don't have time to check whether he sustained the injury during the first game or during practice for the second game.

He's been on the injury list ever since with more than one injury.
His play has suffered because of that.
We need a player that can stay on the field, but I can't knock a guy for playing less than stellar because he's injured.

That's why I've said that I would rather move on with either Jones or Brooks; however, I would not mind if we resign Caldwell at the vet minimum or something a little more than that.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote