Thread: Real Talk
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013   #25
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Real Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Sure we did. I agree. But how many of those minutes ended up being wasted, stalled drives that ended in punts or field goal attempts? You can burn a lot of time going from your own 20 to the other team's 40 before punting. Gary loves to chew that clock, that's no secret.

Leading in time of possession is like saying "I've driven a lot of miles this year! Over 40,000 miles in one year!" Yeah, but where did you drive those miles? Did you drive the same 100-mile stretch of Interstate, back and forth a thousand times over and over, or did you really get out and see the rest of the country?
We tied with the Saints at 25 (meaning good) in fewest total number of third and fourth down conversion attempts.
That's by itself is good already.
I don't have time to factor in the two OT games; there were a few in there.
That ought to make it even better.
Then you add the fact that we were on the positive side of the turnover battle, that part also makes it even better.

In conclusion, you can safely say that the other assertion is totally incorrect.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote