View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013   #27
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Blog post where I explain everything and nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
...Kubiak explains everything in his presser. The Texans offense is a team offense. And if they aren't playing clean, Andre Johnson can only do so much to bail everybody out...
Playing clean.

That's a good alternative way of saying "if we function smoothly and the other team doesn't."

This team can't play clean if they get their face smashed in from the opening whistle. I've seen it, we've all seen it. If a team stands up for itself, and if that other team puts up resistance to us...we struggle EVERYWHERE.

We're relying on other teams' inability to keep their cool in order for us to keep OURS.

I watch a ton of MMA events. There are some guys who have all the talent in the world, and if they get the opportunity to "play clean" they'll run wreck over their opponents. BUT...if that same fighter gets touched up a bit, maybe not even anything dramatically significant, those guys crack like Kubiak's Texans. They drop down, they cover up, and they retreat and even look for ways to get submitted so they can tap out and be done with the fight.

I sadly see this same condition in the Texans. There's no cure for it, either.