View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013   #142
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110804 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: LZ: The offense is very much broken and Kubiak canít rely on Ďthe systemí he has

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
I would argue that the overanalysis would be that the team's struggles in December this year means that Kubiak and Schaub are overall failures. I disagree. Kubiak was very successful last year during this time of the year. You think he's regressed. I simply think a set of variables arrived that he struggled to respond to well this winter. Last year, he handled more difficult situations much better. Next year, I think it is likely this late season failure won't repeat.
Gary is and has been playing it very conservative since the Rosencopter debacle. That one play ruined Gary as a HC.

That said, Gary has been playing the entire yr masking OL problems and Shaubs foot injury that doesn't allow Shaub to be the type of QB Gary would like to have. Unfortunately with a limited playbook defenses have caught on to how Gary has been covering for Schaub.

They've got to find a QB in this yrs draft and let him sit behind Schaub and learn next yr so that the new QB will be ready for the 2014 season. If you're of this mindset Then the Texans should use this yrs draft to shore up the offense and gain the young OL/WR's and QB experience. Then in the 2014 draft draft defense because rookie LB's/DL can come in and contribute more quickly. That is if you dont believe Shaub is the QB to win the Texans a SB.

BTW, with the injuries/holes on this team, I think Gary has done his best job of coaching this yr more than any other yr. To win 12 games with those players is simply amazing and believe me I'm no fan of Garys coaching ability.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote