View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013   #23
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Blog post where I explain everything and nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
Stephanie, thank you for always providing the best explanation available for the Texans' offensive strategy. Most people don't even realize how the entire dynamic works, and it's important to know exactly how the system is being thrown off schedule. More importantly, content like this makes it easier for me to win bar debates about the Texans.

One thing that stood out to me in this post was that you passed on the opportunity to dig deeper into Schaub's December performance. My guess is that you are waiting for more evidence before drawing conclusions. For me, I have enough data to confidently armchair diagnose this one: Schaub may not be the only problem, but he is the problem that a playoff team can least afford.

As someone who has read most of your blog posts, I know that you are a big-picture, systemic analyzer. You look at what the system is trying to accomplish, and identify what actions need to be taken for it to execute. But if Schaub does not revert to September form by this Saturday, it will be impossible to attribute the loss to a systemic problem.
I don't think Schaub needs to play September form to win. His stats in September are artificially awesome because they didn't need him much because the defense was killing. It would be great to see the Denver game Schaub, and that is possible but the entire team played better that game too.

As much as people talk about a December swoon, his October numbers were worse.

Kubiak explains everything in his presser. The Texans offense is a team offense. And if they aren't playing clean, Andre Johnson can only do so much to bail everybody out.

The deal is that when the Texans are playing their best, the offense feeds the defense and vice versa. See this from October: http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/41840/texans-more-offense-or-defense

They've got this gaudy record while dealing with a lot of stuff. Every team deals with stuff, but not every team wins.