View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013   #139
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: LZ: The offense is very much broken and Kubiak canít rely on Ďthe systemí he has

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post

So it's Schaub that's over conservative, more so than Kubiak. Makes one wonder, just how much leeway to change the play Schaub really DOES have but doesn't have the confidence to go all out and take the higher risk/higher reward option.

If this keeps up, a Kubiak/Schaub divorce could be in the future.
I think it's a matter of Matt being able to turn it on & off at will.

I think about a guy like Jake Plummer. That guy was a gunslinger & Kubiak/Shanahan had to put chains on him to real him in. But he could turn it on naturally, because that was truly his nature.

I think Schaub is 10x smarter (cautious) than Jake. But it isn't his personality to push. Jake would throw first then think about it. Matt thinks, then throws...... looks slower & I think that's what has hurt us more than anything.

He needs to learn to trust what he sees & stop thinking so much, but being he's a 10 year vet, it probably isn't going to happen.

But there isn't going to be a divorce of any kind. Kubiak is happy with what he's got. We've won a lot of games with Schaub.. including a game against New England, a game against GreenBay..... we didn't beat them this year & people are just over reacting.