View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013   #83
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 104354 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish
Default Re: What will it take to make you feel better about this team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Why do you have only the two extremes 1. giddify (new word I made up just for you) or 2. No team? Why can I not comment on the things I do not like as well as what I do? I don't usually talk about posters' personal life but you attack others. Is your life so mundane and depressing that when a positive comes along you have to go overboard like a 15 year old girl at her quinceanera?

How can expectations be too high when we won division last season with so many injuries and backups like Yates offering us hope? Schaub, Watts and others give us a 11-1 season and you think our expectations are too high? We have 8 on Pro Bowl roster and we expect too much?

I am sure you are aiming your POV at the extremists but when I read your post you seem to be painting on a large canvas. How about taking on specific posters and debating with your facts/opinions?

When I have a bowel movement, I don't think about those good ones when everything went well with little effort, injury or loss of blood. I thoughtfully consider ways to make the next time a better experience.
I think that if my comments ruffled your feathers then you are probably one of the extremists the post was intended for.

It would be futile to take on every person who is letting their emotions get the better of themselves. It is a landslide of emotional over reactions in here. I was addressing those posters, and if my post struck a nerve with you, then perhaps you should examine your life and stop questioning the possible mundane nature of mine. That is a silly Jr High veiled insult that has no place in this discussion. Just more irrational, emotional baggage because your feelings were hurt.

You are the one who is being extreme not me... and if anyone is acting like a 15 year old girl at her quinceanera, it is you and the sissies who are crying and calling for the heads of those they feel are responsible.

As far as debating with facts... I have tried that, and if there is one thing I have learned in life, it's that you cannot have a rational discussion with someone who is being emotional, and irrational.

In regards to the number of pro bowlers we have, or what our record is... Why do those things suddenly have anything to do with your expectations. Everyone openly admits that Pro Bowl selections are a popularity contest, not something you can hang your Super Bowl aspirations on. The expectations of this team from a certain portion of the Texans fan base are WAY too high IMHO.

As far as your bowel movements go, that just too much information dude and I would ask that you kindly keep that to yourself. Relating your football team to your bowel movements concerns me on a number of levels.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote