View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013   #137
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: LZ: The offense is very much broken and Kubiak canít rely on Ďthe systemí he has

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
I would argue that the overanalysis would be that the team's struggles in December this year means that Kubiak and Schaub are overall failures. I disagree. Kubiak was very successful last year during this time of the year. You think he's regressed. I simply think a set of variables arrived that he struggled to respond to well this winter. Last year, he handled more difficult situations much better. Next year, I think it is likely this late season failure won't repeat.
Don't count on it Dale...short of drastic changes in the way that he calls plays or talent, he doesn't seem to really adjust until it's too late. We've seen the same issues scheme wise since 2009 when the Cowboys and Giants came to town and thoroughly dominated us in much the same fashion we have been dominated in these last 4 games.

From game to game, he simply refuses to abandon the run or go away from it enough on a temporary basis when it's not working....until it's too late that is...By then, the defense knows that you need to pass to get back in the game & they either go into dime/nickel packages to make it more difficult for you to pass...or they pin their ears back & get after you. Sometimes, you have to step out of your comfort zone to break tendencies.....Kubiak does it, but he does it too late and we almost never come out on top b/c of it...This season more than any other has shown me this.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote