View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013   #134
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 55500 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: LZ: The offense is very much broken and Kubiak canít rely on Ďthe systemí he has

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textan View Post
I appreciate your opinion, so please don't be offended by some of my counter-arguments.
Coaches and players study film. They do it excessively, hours on end. To me a coach who can't see the writing on the wall after one game, maybe two at the most, is living in a state of denial I'd hate to witness, but I guess I am while watching these games. If this is indeed the case "Kubiak" failed the team and the fans.
I'm sure you know the definition of insanity, well Kubiak's coaching this year is a perfect example.
Sure, I can see why he'd try the same scheme maybe a game or two, but this is freaking ridiculous.
To me Kubiak's ability to lead a team Captained by a 3rd string QB as far as he did last year, and this monumental collapse this year "barring some incredible heroics these coming weeks" tells me he's digressed as a coach, not learned or moved forward.
Seriously, how stubborn do you have to be?
And, I'm a conservative for the most part, but Kubiak's giving that ideology a bad name lately.
Schaub, Schaub is decent when no pressure threatens his comfort zone. I was once comfortable saying that, but seeing him under-throw, or just plain miss wide open receivers lately has me questioning even his ability to do that.
He can't scramble, improvise, or just basically run at greater than a Sloth's pace.
I see this team going nowhere anytime soon with Schaub at the helm. Again, unless some unforeseen Schaub rears his head these coming weeks, he will have been outplayed by a 3rd string QB with zilch experience.
How can you over-analyze something so horribly wrong as this teams monumental collapse?
I would argue that the overanalysis would be that the team's struggles in December this year means that Kubiak and Schaub are overall failures. I disagree. Kubiak was very successful last year during this time of the year. You think he's regressed. I simply think a set of variables arrived that he struggled to respond to well this winter. Last year, he handled more difficult situations much better. Next year, I think it is likely this late season failure won't repeat.