View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013   #133
playa465
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1969 playa465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: LZ: The offense is very much broken and Kubiak canít rely on Ďthe systemí he has

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Well obviously it wasn't written in 15 minutes. Everyone knows that. The problem is the Texans giving him the deal after one game, as if one good game was all they needed to see in order to give him the deal. His injury (and past injuries) be damned. Schaub is an elite QB after this one game. We don't need to see him string together a couple of performances first.
I think he means that the contract workings had been going on a while prior to the game. The media put that idea out there that the Texans would probably wait til after the season possibly due to the injury. I'm sure Matt was identified as part of the core group the Texans wanted to build around so they got it done. He was compensated based on what he had proven to the organization and what they think he could do in the future. The fact that it took place after the first game means what? That the Texans wanted to see him post injury? I think they took care of that by only guaranteeing 2yrs of the contact and the signing bonus. I know he's been playing like poo, but let's see how he does in his first playoffs.
playa465 is offline   Reply With Quote