View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013   #84
mridge01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1035 mridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: WC Game 1 Texans VS Bengals.....Lets Predict ;)

I have not made a prediction for this game and probably won't b/c I just can't get all that excited for it. I can't say I'll really be affected either way. Well I guess I won't be pissed if the texans win, so there's that. With all that said, here are some interesting points to look at heading into this game:

1) While the texans have had their struggles, the bengals have only 1 offensive TD in their last 2 games.
2) During their streak they beat 2 winning teams, the giants (who were an enigma all year and missed the playoffs) and Ravens (who rested their starters for most of the game). Their one loss came at home to the 8-8 cowboys.
3. Andy dalton has been sacked 46 times, 3rd most in the league by QB, compared to Matt Schaub only 27, 5th least of full season starters.

Personally, I feel the teams are a near even matchup and it sets up to be a close game. The texans avg ~30 yds more per game (mostly rushing) and defensively they are even. the texans are better vs. the run giving up 10 yds less per game than the bengals, so this might be a key advantage in the texans favor. As an aside, everyone is ready to crown the bengals, so I think the mental edge favors the texans here as the bengals may just get a bit ahead of themselves, in spite of the texans recent turtle act. But that's why they play the game.
mridge01 is offline   Reply With Quote