View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013   #16
Grungo_Taco
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Grungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Blog post where I explain everything and nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I agree with EVERYTHING you said there. ALL OF IT!

I am getting so sick and tired of this automated Matt Schaub Response System that has to tell us that Matt is the guy we need but not the QB we deserve.

Give me a ****ing break with that already! I guess as a fan base we're just too freaking nice and jolly and carefree to give two dollops of **** about REAL RESULTS.

No, no sir. Nope. Uh-uh.

I've heard it all on here over the years: (1) Bob brought football back to Houston, so shut up!, and (2) You have to stick with a guy like Gary because _______ (whatever pet theory someone has goes here), and (3) As if any new coach is going to come in and install new systems and make it any better, and (4) Matt Schaub has one billions yards and is like Top Whatever in this category and that category. I mean, come one guys!, how can he do all of those things and be a guy we need to bench/cut/run out of town on a rail?!?!?

Is there no end to excuses? I guess there's not.

No offense to the OP, and all that jazz, but I have no stomach to read any person's critique that paints a sunny picture of this FRANCHISE. Band aids, gauze pads, plastic surgery, injections of adamantium into the bone marrow of players, alternate universes with separate story lines and alter egos and crap, who gives a "gosh darn and golly gee shucks" at this point what might or might not help/hurt/cure/kill...this team is missing more than just luck with injuries or luck with refs or whatever else can be cooked up. The posters I have seen around here, hardly any of them are blaming anything that shouldn't be blamed. We're all suffering this moment together, shocked that we've been lulled into "hoping" again. As always.

This team is broken. It manages to beat up on only the slow and unwitting, the dregs of NFL society who can't defend themselves from massive pillow fight brawls. When we play a team who punches us FIRST, we curl up into a ball and shrivel away and play scared the rest of the game. As if they DARE! to offer resistance to us.

That's not a tough team, that's a team who falsely believes in itself and hates it when they get exposed. That's on their leader: Gary Kubiak. Period.

Want to know why people clamor for Bill Cowher, even though he's not a legitimate HC choice (to me he's not, at least, not anymore)? Because of his ability to make his team believe in themselves for almost a decade or more. Good GM? Yes they had one when he was there. Good players? Yes, they got a great QB to end those dry spells Cowher had previously. But all in all, no matter what, those Steelers teams believed in themselves to the HILT.

THAT, you can respect. THAT you can admire. I cannot believe this group of Texans let opportunity slip through their fingers so easily. With hardly a whimper! That's on Gary. All the way. And you can't band-aid Gary Kubiak in any shape form or fashion. He's un-bandaid-able. /end.
I feel ya, GP. It's just one thing after another with this team. "Gary Kubiak is an offensive genius".. Oh really, Is he? I have always disagreed with that statement. Good/Great offensive minds in the NFL are chameleons. Constantly changing things up, tearing up the play book every week. Gary's conservative nature is in his bones. The league is passing him by, and he continues to cling to this zone blocking schema that is not working (at least against teams worth a hoot). At the beginning of the season, we would be up 24+ points on a team, and give the ball to Foster for his 32nd carry of the game. Uh, talk about not looking ahead. We have a QB who cannot throw a receiver open. A QB who does not go through his progressions. A QB who cringes like he's being stabbed every time he gets sacked. A QB who cannot improvise. A QB that has SERIOUS problems in the redzone. Eeeeeesh! Not good!

The defense is just as guilty. Bradie James was lined up against TY Hilton on that 3rd & 23 TD. Absolutely unacceptable, why was he even on the freaking field? Connor Barwin, getting owned by Luck's hard count. Connor Barwin, generating zero pass rush all season long. Quin/Manning constantly caught out of position. The fact that Brandon Harris received ZERO PT until we had no other options is puzzling to say the least. We traded back into the 2nd round to draft the guy, and it takes massive injuries & 1.5 seasons to get into a game?

Special teams... hahaha, they've been so great.. I have no problems with the job they are doing.

Our schedule is brutal next year. I'll leave it at that.
Grungo_Taco is offline   Reply With Quote