View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013   #80
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Just a possible observation..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
Maybe we're looking at a culmination of all these things bearing down on the back of the players' minds. The consistently bad calls the last few weeks, the 3rd and long draws, the predictable play calling, the not going for it while trailing in the 4th on 4th and 1, the not switching to zone coverage while getting burnt on man and no consistent pressure to the QB.
Some of the things you mentioned is nothing more than messageboard fodder. The playing man thing..... we play a lot of man. But the plays we got burned on, especially the big plays, weren't pure man schemes. We had a flat footed safety watching the receivers run past him on their way to a bad ass catch & run. We leave our guys on islands, but we mix in a lot of safety help & disguised coverages.

Don't listen to the guys on the radio. Zone coverages break down just as easily against guys like Brady & Rogers. They know where the holes are before the defense does (because they know which patterns are ran).

I also think a lot of the 3rd & long draws is Matt checking out of a called play. Kubiak said as much after one of the games. Matt didn't like what he saw & checked to a draw.

But mainly, I think Kubiak has been trying to keep the guys on an even keel so long, that when it's time to get emotional.... they can't.

More or less, I agree with you.