View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013   #15
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 275466 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ray Lewis Retiring: “This will be my last ride”

Type in Google "greatest NFL defenses of all time".

Everyone (but the brilliant Tex) agrees that it's the Steel Curtain.

Here's your "one season", dood:

Quote:
In the 1976 season, the Steelers' defense was a juggernaut, arguably the greatest defense of all time. After the Steelers started 1-4 and lost their quarterback, Terry Bradshaw, the Steelers' defense took over for the remaining nine games. The Steelers recorded five shutouts, including three in a row, during this stretch. During this nine-game stretch the Steelers allowed a total of two touchdowns (in the same game) and five field goals. The defense allowed an average 3.1 points per game and the team had an average margin of victory of 22 points. Eight of the Steelers' starting eleven defensive players were selected for the Pro Bowl that year. Four would be selected to the Hall of Fame.

Source
So whatever, man. Your credibility just went out the window.

Quote:
The Steel Curtain is not even in the top 3 much less the best ever.
You dissing the Steel Curtain! BWAHAHAHAHA!!

I'm not dissing the Ravens D (like you seem to be with the Steel Curtain). I'm just a NFL history fan, and your take of trying to make them look bad is so freakin' whack that I find your post to be humorous than anything else. "Humorous" as in uneducated full of shit.

I think a case could be made that Ray Lewis is G.O.A.T. I said it earlier. So very much unlike you, I can see both sides.

You and your agendas. So obvious! lol