View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013   #109
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: LZ: The offense is very much broken and Kubiak canít rely on Ďthe systemí he has

Makes one wonder if this "meltdown" we're having is due to Schaub's premature contract.

You think any of those guys don't sit there from time to time and second-guess Matt's potential, too?

I think Foster earned his. Myers earned his. Brown, as well.

But when guys like 'Meco and Winston and Brisiel and Dressen are walking (for various reasons) and then this organization gives MATT SCHAUB a guaranteed deal after the very first game???

Sometimes people are not as loyal as old Gary Don Kubiak. That is a plausible reason that this team, its core leaders, are barely treading water. You gotta dig deep into the suitcase of courage at this time of year in the NFL. These guys are barely flinching that they got smoked in two HFA-clinching attempts. Andre is, to me, the only one who's like "Goddammit! My time is almost up! YOU HEAR ME?" Everyone else is almost really just coasting. WHY? It's not just fluke loss of momentum. There's deeper stuff. Think about the Ben Tate episodes too. I don't think guys appreciated how Gary treated Ben in the media. I think Gary's a SMALL person when the curtains are pulled back. IMO.

The Broncos are showing that they 100% will lay down their lives and do whatever it takes. Why? Leadership. Consistent, reliable, quantifiable leadership from their QB. Period.

That knowledge that you, as a defense or any other player out there, can literally fly like there's no tomorrow because your QB is ready to go. He got you. Do what you do. Forehead GOT you. At the endo f the day, I have to respect that as a fan of football. I have to absolutely stand up, clap my hands at the TV, and congratulate any of these teams who went out on limbs to do WHATEVER it took.

Carroll choosing unknown Wilson over Flynn, and sticking by him.

Harbaugh for benching Smith and trying Kap. For signing a damn KICKER today to compete against the veteran Akers. Right before the playoffs!

Shanahan for trusting RGIII and that Baylor system he ran so well.

Colts for tanking in 2011 and then not only getting Luck but letting him run the Stanford system more or less.

Patriots for taking chances on castaways and teaching us all that every "would be star" just wants a chance to play for a winner.

The list is long. Teams are shaking things up out there. Like DB said, we're getting passed by but hell..we were never "there" anyways. That's why so many in the media wouldn't give us that "love" we wanted, btw. We see why. Now.