View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013   #5
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Blog post where I explain everything and nothing.

I don't know Steph. I do not remember many fans blaming penalties or tightends as reasons for the losses against Vikes and Colts. Maybe it is just frustration but many point to Kubiak & Schaub (as you know). Yes, QB gets too much credit for wins and too much grief for losses; yet neither of these two looked or acted as if they have a clue. We get it that Matt is better than 70% of other QBs but he is ours so comparing him doesn't do much as we are stuck with him for one more guaranteed year @$7.5m base and $11m cap. If he acted as if he was in charge, as if he was curling on the ground in sack position rather than throwing inerrantly into hands of the D, most of could buy that. Rather he is over throwing, underthrowing and flat out missing targets. He throws a pass to AJ that goes for two yards and Johnson gets knocked silly. Is that the best use of still one of the best WRs in NFL? Sure the younger WRs are questions but we saw Matt again throw inaccurately to Jean. Our LBs will be better with Cushing's return + a probable high round draft pick. Our QBs will remain the same with maybe another late round pick and/or another UDFA ala Case Keenum.

Yes fans are calling radio talk shows to complain but as I recall, Texans were favored by most including Las Vegas to win. Texans fans were not the only ones over rating Texans. It does not look like lack of talent is our primary issue. Same basic talent won 12 and should have won the last two. It is good to be 12-4 and still in hunt. It is not so good watching how we lost those four games and thinking 50-50 we advance past Bengals. "Wait until next year!" will probably remain our battle cry.