View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013   #136
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 168714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do you have faith in Matt Schaub?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
The funny thing is, if you put Schaub's brain into Carr's body, the Texans would have an awesome QB.
You know, I've been thinking this as far back as '08 when used to have those Is Schaub fragile/injury prone or not "discussions". That was the one positive about Carr, he was a lot more durable than Schaub. Had a stronger arm too. IF he had just had Schaub's football IQ and a better work ethic.

For the record, I voted "no".
Pained me to do so because I've been a Schaub defender since he got here. Mainly because I was glad to see the other guy leave and I liked the study ethic Schaub brought to the table.

Also, for the record, I don't think Schaub is horrible as some of you have said. I just think he's "pretty good". Has good days and bad days. As long as we stay with Schaub, we'll have a shot at being a playoff team, but everything else has to go well too. He's not strong enough to hide a significant number of other "warts". By way of example, I point to 2010. A stellar/elite QB could have gotten us a better record than 6-10 even with that sucky defense (Brady and Rodgers did it). Schaub can be good, but not stellar or elite. He reminds me of Flacco with a less opportunistic defense.

I fear he's reached his upper performance limit. We either upgrade him or draft an All-World O-line. Maybe work on both.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote