View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013   #78
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Just a possible observation..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Well, before pushing him out, Wayne grabbed and pulled Brandon Harris in, toward him, all the while hiding it from the back judge.

I detest watching the grin on Wayne's face as he fled the crime scene just as I watched the grin on Luck's face when he walked back out onto the field after that blown fumble call.

They knew they got away with favorable calls; there's no other way to explain their reaction.
Maybe we're looking at a culmination of all these things bearing down on the back of the players' minds. The consistently bad calls the last few weeks, the 3rd and long draws, the predictable play calling, the not going for it while trailing in the 4th on 4th and 1, the not switching to zone coverage while getting burnt on man and no consistent pressure to the QB. I mean, as a team, it has to be on their minds, and when you are in a mental funk, regardless of how much you make (see Heath Ledger), it is a powerful thing. People underestimate the power of the mind and think just because they can flip burgers right after smoking a blunt that a football player should be able to perform with a lot of doubt on his mind. Maybe we need a team therapist?? haha