View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013   #79
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: No matter what happens Saturday, it's been a very Successful Year for the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Anyone who says, after losing 3 out of the last 4, blowing HFA, and then going one and done in the playoffs, is still a successful season, is just saying that for the sake of stirring the pot. They themselves don't really believe that.

Did anyone think the 12-4 93 Oilers were a successful season? What happened to Super Bowl or bust?

If we're going one and done in the playoffs, all that 12-4 record means is bad seeding in the draft.

Failure.
It impacts our strength of schedule, too, correct? The better you are...the tougher your competition will be in the future--Or am I mistaken on that?

Yeah, so the dumpy teams like the Jags and the Titans are laughing themselves silly..."Ha ha! Texans swept us, looked better than us, DID better than us, and they are drafting in the last few spots of round 1."

I don't know that there's a better draft position solution out there...but man it stinks to have finished the year 12-4, bust in the playoffs, and then you get rewarded by (drum roll, please) drafting in the last few spots of the first round.

I don't know what part of "Hey, whatever happens...it was STILL a successful season!" is true. I'm with you: It sucks pretty bad, in all actuality.