View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013   #28
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 60 possessions = 7 touchdowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
That bugs me a lot, I must admit. When the Texans won the AFC South last year, I thought it was cool, but it was just a stepping stone. All the AFC South Championship t-shirts and hats were kind of a joke, I thought. I can see t-shirts and hype when you win the AFC. Winning the AFC South is just a playoff spot. You've accomplished something that 12 out of 32 teams accomplish. It's not all that huge a deal. Frankly, it should be expected.

Consequently, I did not get a 2011 AFC South t-shirt or hat. This year, my wife got me a 2012 one for Christmas. When I objected on the above argument, she said it's probably the closest I'm going to get for a while.

Since I couldn't argue against that, I wear the stupid shirt.
I'll be honest, I got both the 2011 and 2012 division hats.

And my reason was exactly what your wife mentioned. I'm afraid that this is going to be as good as it gets, and we will look back at these two seasons with nostalgia someday.

But we are FANS, and this is what we do. The players, on the other hand, should not celebrate division "championships" (it just kills me to call it that), but rather act like it's expected and nothing but a stepping stone. Their attitude after winning the division the last two seasons seem to indicate otherwise, though. Baby steps, I guess.