View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013   #27
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 60 possessions = 7 touchdowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I have no idea what nine plays he's thinking about, but I seem to recall thinking at least one of those sacks was clearly on Schaub, as well as one incompletion based on pressure. The man's pre-snap recognition is atrocious at times.
I'd bet that Schaub doesn't make real "pre snap reads". He's looking for keys. He's pre programmed each week during practice and film. He's going strictly off of what he's told to do from week to week. He's not making adjustments on the fly. If you see this, do that and only that. If this guy is lined up here, this is what we're going to do...every other factor be damned.

If Matt did some real critical thinking and problem solving out there we'd see a variance in his cadence. We'd run the "sugar huddle" more often. We'd let him completely audible out of formations or plays. We don't see that. He comes up to the line, makes his robotic pre programmed read, and hikes the ball.

I don't think Matt is incapable of recognizing things before the snap. He's just not given that freedom/responsibility for some reason.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote