View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013   #17
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 370555 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What will it take to make you feel better about this team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
A win won't do it for me. I predicted a first round win after the Pats game. While I admittedly feel worse about the team than I did even then, I have the same reasoning for demanding more than a win in order to feel good about this team. I want a win where the team comes out and establishes the running game at a good clip (4+ YPC). I want a win where the QB doesn't come out sleepwalking and wearing concrete cleats. I want a win where the defense doesn't surrender a high percentage of 3rd down conversions like they have been. I want a win where the team converts in the red zone instead of driving for FGs.

In short, I want a win that will make me believe they have a chance against the Patriots.
While I certainly agree with everything you said, I thought the question was simple:

"What will it take to make you feel better about this team?"

That's somewhat of a loaded question, because when you're at the bottom, even a foot higher looks "up".

Obviously, your post coming true would make me feel great about the team, not just 'better'.

But I do not expect dominance. They haven't dominated anyone this season, including 2 win teams like the Jags. I'd be shocked if they could dominate a hot-streak team like the Bengals. I'd be a little surprise if the slumping Texans could just manage a win on Saturday.