View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013   #23
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240894 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: 60 possessions = 7 touchdowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Belichick's team does not celebrate division "championships". Winning the division is just another brick in the road and a stepping stone to the final goal.

Our franchise, on the other hand, sees the division "championship" as a reason to let off the gas and take a month-long break from things. It's happened two years in a row now. I'm really excited about getting another banner for Reliant!
That bugs me a lot, I must admit. When the Texans won the AFC South last year, I thought it was cool, but it was just a stepping stone. All the AFC South Championship t-shirts and hats were kind of a joke, I thought. I can see t-shirts and hype when you win the AFC. Winning the AFC South is just a playoff spot. You've accomplished something that 12 out of 32 teams accomplish. It's not all that huge a deal. Frankly, it should be expected.

Consequently, I did not get a 2011 AFC South t-shirt or hat. This year, my wife got me a 2012 one for Christmas. When I objected on the above argument, she said it's probably the closest I'm going to get for a while.

Since I couldn't argue against that, I wear the stupid shirt.