View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013   #22
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 278016 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 60 possessions = 7 touchdowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
You have got to be kidding me. You guys amaze me at how all of you are supposed to know how this offense runs and can literally watch the running game fall apart which is the main part of our offense and watch the Oline crumble, but consistently put this all on Schaub.

He deserves some blame, but I can't even begin to understand how you guys just block out all of these other problems.
I did not see the o-line or Foster completely under-throwing a receiver in stride for an easy INT. Schaub wasn't even slightly pressured on that INT.

There is plenty of blame to go around, but one player touches the ball on every offensive play, and one player tries to make all the passes. This is not a run first offense. Everything is predicated on the pass, and when the QB is off, the entire offense sucks wind.

You seem to blinded by Kubiak hatred and oblivious to Schaub's obvious shortcomings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I went back and watched this game again .... there were plays to be made. Schaub simply didnt capitalize upon the opportunities , and there were at least a 9 plays where Schaub made critical errors ..... overthrown , underthrown , missing an open reciever and throwing into coverage.

It wasnt the playcalling , it wasnt the coaching , it was Schaub missing open reads or flat out throwing bad balls.

No , the OL didnt do him any favors against the Dolts backup DL .... but again , the plays were there to be made. The fact that the Dolts backup's were able to ruin the Texans day should go along way in telling us what has to be fixed going forward .... since we are stuck with Schaub for at least two more seasons.

In a league where games are decided by one play , your QB cant leave 9 of them on the field.
My thoughts exactly. I think this team could go to the SB with Kubiak as head coach, but he's picked Schaub as his QB and seems to be intent on making it work. I also think Kubiak is the kind of coach that does not want to change horses mid-stream, so in Schaub we (mis)trust until the wheels eventually fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Could you see Bill Belichick or Bill Parcells trying to avoid segways around his facility while strutting around with letterman jackets for winning the AFC East with a month left in the season?

probably not I'd guess.
Belichick's team does not celebrate division "championships". Winning the division is just another brick in the road and a stepping stone to the final goal.

Our franchise, on the other hand, sees the division "championship" as a reason to let off the gas and take a month-long break from things. It's happened two years in a row now. I'm really excited about getting another banner for Reliant!