View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013   #72
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: We will have a great playoff!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Like someone else said, F this sh!t.

And I mean . . . F . This . Sh!t

I can only take so much aggravation and frustration for one season, and I'm not even going to watch the game. I said it yesterday, and I'm saying it today . . I'm not watching. Even if they do scrape out a win, that only means it'll be an embarrassment next week.

It's over. Done. Bring on the draft.

It really pisses me off that I'm actually a fan of this team. I wish i could turn it off like a switch, but it doesnt work that way. And because of that, its like as if I'm condemned. And because of that, I can't watch any other football game, like these bowl games that are on right now, and enjoy them as they are meant to be enjoyed.

F . THIS . SH!T.
I feel your pain, Marcus. I really do. Birds of a feather and all that stuff, long suffering Houston football fans can only relate.

But, I guess I'm a masochist at heart, because I cannot not watch the game. I'll even be dressed in Texans gear (like it matters), but no way could I avoid it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
lol yea, a trip to the superbowl means beating both brady and peyton on the road.

had we taken care of business, we would have welcomed the lowest winning seed of the ravens/colts/bengals in the division round. in the process, it would have forced a matchup of peyton and brady in the division round.. then had we won our division game, a game at reliant vs peyton/brady was awaiting us in the championship game...
That's what is really soul-crushing. We just needed a .500 performance over the last two games, one against a team that we've already beaten.

It was the best chance at a potential Super Bowl run. Just two home game wins to make it after a week to get ready. We'd only have to face either Manning or Brady, but not both in the same post-season. It was still an uphill battle, all things considered, but nothing like the gauntlet they have in front of them now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltfan123 View Post
nah just was raised in both citys..and love the colts..and i really admire the chracter of some of the texans players.. andre johnson is a role model of mine. but dont recall there being a rule of what team you root for.
You should read more:

Quote:
Rules for being a true fan

Honestly, I just can't understand it. You cannot root for two teams at the same time. You cannot hedge your bets. You cannot unconditionally love two teams at the same time, when there's a remote chance that they might go head-to-head some day.