View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013   #68
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Just a possible observation..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
Besides that fumble, which does fall under the "tuck" rule and that was a heads up play by luck and nothing less, there have been a couple instances in the last few weeks where clear fumbles were whistled dead bi refs, some EXTREMELY questionable Off/Def Pass interference calls with very similar situations going against the Texans.

Now, for the record I know we all get upset about calls, and fair enough upon review I'm usually telling other fans it was legit and to chill out, but there have been some plays that were even reviewed that have still went against us. Conspiracy? I don't know, I hope not, but I do know at the minimum it is questionable.

One of the big reasons the NBA makes me mad is the ref is given so much power to completely change the momentum of the game and the NFL is becoming very much the same. Players and plays should change momentum, not some zebra who's task is to make sure the game is played fairly and does not get out of hand.
I wouldn't watch the NBA if I was taking a dump and was bored so the analogy is lost on me....

PI calls are always and have always been, a subjective call- it is that referee's
opinion of the interpretation of the rule....nothing you can do about that. Plus the speed of the game is so fast, one has to make a split second decision- You ever ref a sport? I reffed Lacrosse for 10 years- talk about fast paced....

Every team's fan base has a conspiracy theory of the NFL refs against them.....
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote