View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013   #87
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: LZ: The offense is very much broken and Kubiak canít rely on Ďthe systemí he has

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
i'm not disputing that..what i'm saying is that his arm strength probably hasn't been the chief cause of these underthrows/overthrows/accuracy issues b/c he's making those same types of throws and other types of throws that make it there just fine... in the same game nonetheless...

The missed TD pass to AJ was about the same length as the 43 yd pass he underthrew to Casey that was intercepted....So was his 2nd int.. 1 was an overthrow, 1 was an underthrow, the other was right on target...

So you have to ask yourself why can't he be consistent with his deep throws? Footwork and throwing mechanics...

that's all im saying.
Which begs the question: Why did the front office feel the need to give Matt a new deal only ONE GAME into the 2012 season?

This franchise is goo-goo ga-ga for their QBs. They gave Carr an unbelievable $8 million if for no other reason than to be a nice parting gift on his way out of here. I firmly believe that Bob McNair is trying to run an NFL franchise in ways that are not fiscally sound as it relates to how we damn sure know that normal businesses are operated.

Not at any time would a Bob McNair overpay such an underperforming person in a normal business setting. It almost makes one wonder if he's getting a damn tax write-off for having paid Carr that money. Am I right?

So here we are, AGAIN, watching him do the same thing: Watching him tie the salary cap noose tighter around our team's neck by giving Schaub a new deal so quickly. What a bad, bad mistake. Terrible. Sure, at the time he looked phenomenal and it might have made sense. But geez, it's just 1 game into a 16-game season. And then the post-season awaits too. Why do that? I don't get it.

Bob goes out, gets a proven d-coord for his HC...drafts a whale of a player in JJ Watt...trims the fat by cutting Winston, letting Dreessen and Brisiel walk (bigger paydays elsewhere), re-signs his LT and his RB and his C. And then promptly goes and re-signs an unproven QB who is now tanking hard. HARD.

The Kubiak deal and the Schaub deal are the dual threat to this franchise. Bob still hasn't grown a solid pair of NFL Owner Testicles yet. He let 2011 go to his head, excuse me...no, he let it go to his HEART. And now we're screwed for the next 2 or possibly even 3 years.

It's maddening. The heart will betray you. It doesn't think or compute, and Bob's heart has betrayed him. Again. And we get to feel the residual impact of it. Does he even know this? Does he bother reconciling the books on this issue? I doubt it. It's status quo with those guys. Everything is fine. Nobody is in the paper today for a bad crime. We're in the playoffs! Good guys always end up on top. Blah blah blah.