View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013   #85
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: LZ: The offense is very much broken and Kubiak canít rely on Ďthe systemí he has

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Where have you been?

The guy has been under throwing long passes since Day 1. DAY ONE.

Long before his injury from Albert Haynesworth, I might add.

He doesn't have the feel for the deep pass. It's always on target (never wide right or wide left), don't get me wrong, but the length of those passes is more often short than anything. Or he has that rare throw that is too far beyond the WR. Rarely has Schaub hit a player in stride. Most of the time, his receivers are slowing down for it.

When Kevin Walter is having to slow down for a deep pass, that's REALLY bad news. Slow WRs having to slow down on deep passes is a very bad thing.

There seems to be a range where Schaub is just unable to gauge how much mustard to put on the pass. He hits those post patterns to OD just fine. Anything with extreme loft under it, and it's like a damn moon shot.
i'm not disputing that..what i'm saying is that his arm strength probably hasn't been the chief cause of these underthrows/overthrows/accuracy issues b/c he's making those same types of throws and other types of throws that make it there just fine... in the same game nonetheless...

The missed TD pass to AJ was about the same length as the 43 yd pass he underthrew to Casey that was intercepted....So was his 2nd int.. 1 was an overthrow, 1 was an underthrow, the other was right on target...

So you have to ask yourself why can't he be consistent with his deep throws? Footwork and throwing mechanics...

that's all im saying.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote