View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013   #16
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: No matter what happens Saturday, it's been a very Successful Year for the Texans

I liked football better when I was a kid and didn't know any better.

I watched every game not knowing that my team was going to win or lose...now, I go into every game knowing way too much information. I've analyzed football so much, for so long, that I practically know what to expect.

I still have hope, even when hope logically shouldn't be there, but the way the NFL has changed (in terms of its rules, the over-legislating of those rules, much like our country is over-legislated) has almost removed any doubt about who will win and who will lose. Sure, sometimes a rabbit gets pulled out of the hat...but you pretty much know how things are going to go down at some point along the way.

When I was a kid, those things were not an issue. I enjoyed football. Now, I just feel like it's hard labor. I'm chained to my chair and I'm working for the man. I feel like breaking out of that prison, to be honest. Why keep paying dues? What's the point? If the outcome is perpetual disdain and disgust and a realization (again and again) that I'm not in control of what will always be a disappointing outcome....then why? WHY? LOL.