View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013   #76
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 31941 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dreessen, Ryans, Winston, Brisiel, Leach.

I'm sure others said it but some of these I can't hold against the team.

Brisiel, Leach, Ryan - too much salary. Brisiel was overpaid by the Raiders who now fans want gone after a piss poor season on his end. Leach got way too much for a FB who would not be on the field as much in our system. We still could have grabbed a cheaper option like we did in Vickers but oh well. Ryans was making too much too for his spot in the system. Would have been nice with Cush going down but that is hindsight and if Cush didn't get injured Ryans still would have been overpaid. Can't really calculate for injuries in such situations.

Heh with that said...I still miss the guy's leadership and his drive on the field.

Dressen - Graham has graded to be a blocker just as good or just slightly less than Dressen so there was no dropoff there. BUT...Owen Daniels can't block for crap. A double tight with Dressen and Graham would have been nice but defense would pick up on that rather easily since Daniels is the better receiving option of those.

Winston - I understand the salary issue. Only problem I had with this is they didn't even attempt to talk to him about restructure. He was definitely being overpaid but would have been nice if they attempted to some sort of communication with the guy about making his contract better for the team. I see some teams that have financial experts just for this that can make these deals happen. We don't seem to be in that same boat.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote