View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013   #73
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Dreessen, Ryans, Winston, Brisiel, Leach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
Eshh. Pretty bold statement. Dont get me wrong, winston was no superstar in pass pro but he was a road grader in the run game. Remember the shock here after he was cut...before we had a known solution in place? Brisel vs. the committee we've had at right guard is where I have a problem with your statement. Either way I think we can all agree when you have a dominant line you dont replace multiple parts at the same time.

It's funny to read a thread 2 1/2 months later. A thread thats in the right place.

Leach and Ryans were over paid for their use here and I didn't feel like we could justify either with a cap to navigate. Briesel left voluntarily, so our opinions dont really matter here. Dreesen, ehhh. I guess Winston (and jacoby freaking jones) are the only ones I truly take issue with.
I was against giving Eric such a big contract from the beginning. I'd have much rather kept Ryans & I mentioned an injury to Cushing being the main reason. I understand the numbers don't work out, but I thought he would be interested in restructuring. At the $$ he got, I'm fine with letting him go.

I wouldn't have had a problem paying Leach, but it looked like we decided to go with Jacoby. A year later & he's gone so that decision doesn't look like such a good one either.

Long story short, I was shocked to see they cut Winston, but I wasn't upset or anxious in the slightest.