View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013   #10
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Doppelmock: In Season Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
If you noticed, I did not draft an ILB. I believe he is already on the team...

Here would be my projected lineups:

Offense

Brown----Brooks----Myers----Jones---Aboushi

AJ---OD/Graham-----Schaub------Williams/Casey----Davis

---------------------Foster

This Offense would be stouter in pass and run protection. It would give Schaub time to get the ball to AJ/TE/Davis/Foster. It would be able to execute a running and passing attack on the defense.

Defense

-------Smith------Short-----Watt

Barwin----Cushing----Reed-----Mercilus/Smith

Jackson------Manning--------Pleasant-------Joseph

This defense brings back pass rushing. Short and Watt require double teams. Smith is no slouch either. With this effort from the front 3 the defense is now confused where the fourth and or fifth rusher comes from. Is it Barwin or Mercilus/Smith? Does Cush come up the middle behind Short? What about Reed? He can rush the passer too? Even Jackson, Joseph, Jackson, and Manning have rushed before. This brings the question of surprise back to the Wade defense. With another year, Jackson improves, Joseph heals and Manning and Pleasant begin to form a good partnership.
I disagree with your notion that moving Reed to ILB will fix that position. IMO the ILB position on the Texans is one of the weakest on the team and most definitely needs to be addressed in the Draft. With Cushing coming off an ACL and now Sharpton (injuries) out for the Playoffs, after missing part of last season and most of this one, plus Brady James and Rudd (age) being stop-gap measures, we need to seriously upgrade this position. It's going to take a lot more than just moving Reed over to do it to. I know Ryans wasn't the player he use to be but I wonder just how much they missed his leadership during these last 4 games.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote