View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013   #56
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 97142 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: LZ: The offense is very much broken and Kubiak canít rely on Ďthe systemí he has

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
LZ isnt really going out on a limb with his 'analysis' is he?

anybody can see that (as my son puts it) "the fat guys on the right are no good", but Arian has also been misused by Kubiak. The flare pass is almost non-existent after a year when it was a lethal weapon for this offense. forcefeeding inside handoffs for the sake of some inivisible balance is a sign of a stubborn coach. Kubiak must adapt and improvise to what the strengths of this team currently are. Tunnel vision by Schaub on Dre is not going to get it done.

Its really a complete team implosion at this point, but i've seen this offense perform substantially better against greater competition and i just dont understand what the matter is, something internally? are the texans that predictable? didnt belichick say that wade's defense wasnt anything special, and our 'special' teams are anything but. saving grace is really this team cant play any worse, or can they?
I just finished rewatching the colts game...the gameplan really is predictable and conservative as hell.

2nd/3rd and short we're running it 90% of the time

2nd/3rd and long we're passing 90% of the time

And AJ's not being force fed the ball....At least 1/2 the time its just only him and another WR out in a route...that's it....that makes for easy defending.

The other 1/2 of the time when they send 3 or more out they're 1 read quick hitters b/c schaubs only taking 3 step drops.

They almost never challenge deeper than 15 yards unless its off play-action or when they have to......which is usually when the score's getting a little out of hand and they're running out of time...by then the defense knows this.

Kubiak has got to open the playbook and become more aggressive
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote