View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013   #6
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kawaan Short DT Purdue eval

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Lot of people want a DT especially you and BL .... but its obvious to anyone watching the Texans that the OL is flat out broken while the defense has been at least "ok"despite not getting much help from the offense.

I wouldnt mind a top tier DT .... but dont think they have the luxury of spending a #1 on the position because of all the needs elsewhere.

Even if Cody is not resigned , I see them going another direction and addiong to DT via mid round pick or FA.
If you have read my mocks you should know I have not used a first for DT since Jesse Williams quickly climbed from our reach. I do think DT is priority one as our weakness there impacts so much else. LBs and DBs are impacted by NT as Oline are able to focus on Smith and Watt.
If you are going to come with Oline be specific as many say RT but imo that is a knee jerk reaction. Also, we must keep in mind if anyone we draft in first starts or is a back up. Again, I think there will be no offensive guard or tackle where we will pick that will start over Newton, Smith or Brown. Ain't happening. Jones looked very good at first then trailed off. I wonder if Newton's knee impacted Jones? I think Brooks will start most games RG 2013 and Jones will back up RG/ center. I am mocking Alvin Brooks who can play either guard as he will be on of the starters in '14 as Wade Smith gone.

I think ILB and WR2 are both next on priority. There will be no ILB avail round one so I go with a WR2 Patterson who should be available top of second round and I hope we trade down and get him picking up at least another third.
What is good for me is that my three needs can be taken care of in first three rounds although I'm predicting Brandon Williams in fourth and OLB in second.
What is "obvious" to me is that Schaub is more broken than the Oline but that is an opinion just like yours.