View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013   #59
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 329529 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dreessen, Ryans, Winston, Brisiel, Leach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
By way of contrast, the Steelers, who the Texans have claimed to want to emulate, have at least nine players from their '06-'08 drafts. I don't know their roster and didn't actually check it, so those are just the ones off the top of my head. There may actually be more. I'd be willing to bet the better teams in the NFL have at least six players on their roster still from those three drafts. Player careers average about 3.3 years, so there's a bit of rebuilding involved every year. Therefore, when you hit a winner, you have to find a way to keep them.
It's four - Willie Colon '06, LaMarr Woodley '07, Lawrence Timmons '07 and Rashad Mendenhall '08.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
Good points here. You cant talk about the draft, free agency, and the cap without mentioning rick smith. He didnt inherent cap hell, he created it.
Actually Smith did inherent cap hell and a worse kind. The Texans were carrying tons of dead money for guys not on the roster. We are up against the cap now but with little dead money so we are getting use for people on the roster.