View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013   #52
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: LZ: The offense is very much broken and Kubiak canít rely on Ďthe systemí he has

Quote:
Originally Posted by klockWork View Post
Schaub have been blasted by you guys for having a weak arm when that is totally false. Most of his under thrown passes that have occurred during his career have resulted from tardiness of his throw.
Timing is certainly an issue at times.

Quote:
The other factor is Schaub footwork in the pocket is atrocious. Other than rollout pa you never see Schaub step into a throw from a straight drop back pocket.

I posted a bounty somewhere in this forum challenging anyone to post a video of Schaub stepping into a throw. The reward was 100 dollar thru PayPal. The closest someone got was a posted video of the Redskins game from two years ago when Schaub scramble up the pocket and threw a desperation pass on fourth down to AJ to win the game.

You have to go back over two years to find out the last time Schaub making a proper fundamental throw in the pocket. I'm utterly dumbfounded that this guy has had this many 4000 yard seasons.
As I understood your bounty it was for scrambling inside the pocket and then making the throw. It wasn't having to go back two years to find it but that play was easy to remember.

You're exaggerating on never steps into his throws while in the pocket - there are several examples in this video.

And I wouldn't want your bounty even if you did admit there are examples.

Maybe if you are dumbfounded you should reconsider some of your observations. Schaub has been at a 250+ ypg pace every year except for his 1st here.

For the record, I am all for upgrading Schaub if the opportunity presents itself. I am not in desperation mode anything is better.