View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013   #71
Mr teX
Hall of Fame
 
Mr teX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Everyone Wants The Throne
Posts: 7,635
Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Philip Rivers anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Just because you say it's a lateral move doesn't mean it is. Every system you can put a guy in can emphasize strengths or hide shortcomings. Different systems can work better with different warts so to speak. Schaub's lack of mobility is something that Rivers does not suffer from to anywhere near the same degree. Schaub's questionable arm isn't an issue for Rivers. Until you put a guy in a system you don't know if that's going to be a better fit for him or not. Changing the scenery helps careers every year. It's stupid to just write off the chance that it could happen here and it's sad to think that we're so locked into the handful of things one guy does well that almost no one is willing to entertain the idea of a change to try and better the situation.
& just b/c you say it won't be a lateral move doesn't mean it won't be either..i get all that. I simply stated why i feel it would & you and a few others disagreed.

But how many times have you heard teams players, coaches and other ESPN talking heads say that "they must win the turnover battle" or how they can look at who won the TO battle & tell who won the game or "he must take care of the ball to give his team a chance to win". In case you haven't put it together, TO's are kind of a big deal in this league. So bringing in a guy that's already prone to committing them as demonstrated over his 9 year career obviously isn't something that lends itself to taking us to the next level......imo of course. From a qb's perspective, turning over the ball isn't just a wart....that's a freaking goiter. & guess what? After 9 years in the league and NFL defenses having a book on him, Rivers' leopard spots are not likely going to change...


As far as the bolded, believe me i want to better the situation...i just really want to better the situation...like no question that we're better. Not trade 1 fatal flaw for another fatal flaw & i think that is the position of 90% of people who don't think much of this suggestion about Rivers. The other 10% probably just don't trust Kubiak to be able to coach him up....which with the way this board is towards him, or recent offensive swoon, can you blame them?

If we were to seriously entertain sitting/trading schaub, i'd honestly be more ok with seeing what we have with Yates rather than going out and picking up someone that has pretty much already established who they are going to be.

but hey, we can just agree to disagree
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote