View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013   #11
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Walter's Current Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Didn't want to start a whole new thread over it but here's one I did with another WR 1st.

1- Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech
6'3" 206 lbs., 4.52-40

Big time WR who falls because of character concerns (mary jane). I believe Andre can mentor him to be a pro, he will open up the offense for everyone else with his play making and the Texans offense will have it's next cornerstone.

2- Mike Glennon, QB, NC State
6'5" 232 lbs., 5.12-40

Scouting report reads he is in need of technique to better himself but when you see him play, he's a big, mobile QB who can sling it. With all respect to Yates and Schaub, the Texans need to start taking chances at getting big time QBs on the roster.

3- Cornellius (Tank) Carradine, DE, Florida State
6'4" 265 lbs., 4.75-40

Talented pass rusher who falls due to injury. May be the end of next year before he's fully healthy but I think he will upgrade the group and soften the blow if Barwin leaves. Definitely has a natural pass rushing ability and a great body to go with it, easily strong enough to handle the edge in the run game.

3a- Alvin Bailey, OG, Arkansas
6'5" 315 lbs., 5.32-40

Needs to improve pass protection but is a big, mobile guard who can get to the 2nd level and pancake defenders. Texans continue to add size and strength to their OL.

4- Zeke Motta, FS, Notre Dame
6'2" 215 lbs., 4.65-40

This is the first of many picks designed to improve the Texans' awful special teams. This isn't Teo or Nix but this guy did play an awful lot for a really good defense. Racked up a ton of tackles, certified run stopper in-the-box type who offers enough coverage ability to be the 3rd safety for the dime packages.

5- Kevin Reddick, ILB, North Carolina
6'2" 240 lbs., 4.75-40

I think this might be a little late to get him but here's another run stopper who plays aggresive, downhill, thumper LBer. Would boost special teams as well.

6- Dustin Hopkins, K, Florida State
6'2" 190 lbs., 4.78-40

The NCAA FBS all-time kick scorer with 459 points. Yes, please and thank you.

6a- Ryan Allen, P, Louisiana Tech
6'2" 215 lbs.

Boomer includes a long of 85 lol yes, please and thank you. Special teams upgrade, complete.

7- Philip Lutzenkirchen, TE, Auburn
6'4" 250 lbs., 4.82-40

Caught 44 passes, 14 were for TDs. Not very athletic but a decent blocker who is capable of lining up at H-back. Plus his last name is really cool.
I'd be stunned if Texans drafted Da'Rick with his numerous drug incidents. I was a fan and thought it was just one time but research indicated at least 3 & IIRC 4. I think it was Kubiak that said if a player had one incident it might be overlooked. He did not seem to be limiting it to MJ or other drugs. Posey is an example.