View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013   #43
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: LZ: The offense is very much broken and Kubiak canít rely on Ďthe systemí he has

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Say what you want to about Briesel and Winston as pass-protectors, but both of those guys were very good run-blockers and without the rushing game the whole Texans' offense is just not nearly as effective as it was when they were in the lineup. And furthermore the Texas base-offense was virtually a 2 TE-set
and the OD/Dreesen combo was more effective than the OD/Grahmn combo.
Our offensive unit just lost too many important players in the past offseason to be as effective this year as we were in 2011.
I think, in hindsight, it was a mistake to let Winston go. Brisiel was a FA and got bigger $$$ in Oakland.

I don't know if we could have had Eric restructure to save us money. I'm not familiar with that aspect of the situation.

Brisiel was a goner because he got a nice payday elsewhere.

But if I were to pretend that both those guys were starting on our OL, I think we're a different and BETTER team right now. Just for the reason you stated: The run game would be better.