View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013   #64
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 112890 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Philip Rivers anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post

Yeah, b/c shanahan clearly thought highly enough of grossman didn't he when he moved heaven and earth to move up and get RG3.....and then select cousins a few rounds later right?

I mean after all, grossman's got the rocket arm...he's mobile...and he's got playoff victories too right? I guess by your asinine criterion we should be going after a guy like mark sanchez then huh?

Lol, i've seen more than enough of Rivers to know that he's no more the answer to take this team to the next level than Schaub is...hell, the very team rivers plays for right now was at this nearly identical fork in the road back when he was drafted....the prototype rocket arm qb vs..the guy who wasn't quite as tall as u would like...not quite as strong an arm as you'd like but pretty solid and a guy that was going to be coming off injury vs. the young healthy guy.....well we see how that turned out. 1 guy went on to carve out a HOF bust, the other...well, he's still got a pretty strong arm lol!

The sad thing about the above is that teams go thru this all the time in the league and it almost never works out for them...get rid of the solid guy for the physical prototype or guy with the high ceiling b/c they feel like its the thing thats holding them back see brian billick and trent dilfer/kyle boller....jeff fisher and VY/steve mcnair. And countless other teams over the years that were sent into qb purgatory as LZ coins it...ironically, that move is the thing that either gets them fired or sets their franchise back a few years. like i said, its extremely tough to go from good to great in this league at qb....and you definitely dont do it by picking up guys that have a penchant for the turnover...
So your arguing schaub is the next brees. Ok.

Any qb with a better arm or better mobility cant be as cerebral as schaub. Ok.

We cant have schaub and a younger mobile qb with a better arm at the same time. Ok.

We should settle for an average to below average qb because all coaches who try to improve their qb position get fired. Ok.

Coaches with average to below average qb's dont get fired all the time. Ok.

Lot of really great thoughts from your post.