View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013   #32
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: LZ: The offense is very much broken and Kubiak canít rely on Ďthe systemí he has

I probably shouldn't post after consuming large amounts of but hey, I am Beerlover right. So here it is: Schaub is a cerebral QB with bad feet. There I said it, high character & intelligence can only carry you so far, time to make more athletic moves. Instead, Matt is the proverbial immovable object on the field in constant state of flux. It's really more on Kubiak play calling to leave a back into block or TE in pass pro. It's virtually always an empty set or the back clears the hole leaving Schaub solo to avoid a delayed blitz unhindered. This is not a workable resolution, neither is dunk & dink to a TE or WR who cannot create after the catch or make a catch. as the box collapses.

Kubiak needs to adjust/change his play calling to be more assertive yet hold max protection in the pocket to do a better job protecting Matt Schaub. This will improve timing with receivers, hit them in optimum windows & improve yards after the catch. In other words we have to go back to the drawing board, before we thought Texans were the big dogs & pass the ball efficiently & run the ball late in games to put them away.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote