View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012   #27
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: LZ: The offense is very much broken and Kubiak canít rely on Ďthe systemí he has

Interesting comment:

Quote:
Great article Lance.
I am a semi-pro poker player, and always see the strategy and Ē out thinking Ē that goes on. To me both Kube and Schaub seem.a bit tilted. Their game isnít Ē on Ē , they are lacking overall aggression.

Mentally your aggression is a weapon you use to dominate and impose your will. First you must have a idea of what your will is. This could be a overall tight game, meaning you have a tighter range of hand selection. Or a lose style that opens up your range and creates more doubt, but courage in your opponent. The common element, in both styles, will be the use of aggression.

You WILL BE AGGRESSIVE. No winning player will choose to play a overall passive game in the hands they do play. This is important because MENTALLY the other guy is accepting a passive or les dominate path.

Will they defend a re-raise? If not, that is my move on them after creating a solid tight image. Your mindset is attack and aggression is your only weapon. Some players will completely submit. They will fold everyone to your aggression.and tighten.up their hand selection to avoid clashing with your aggression and to optimize their chances of coming put on top, with a stronger range of playable hands.

If Kubiac isnít calling the plays he needs to start. The game plan must be aggressive. It isnít enough that the plays should work. They must be designed to make your opponent submissive. You want to force them into playing it safe.

Mout times i agree with the third and long delay handoff etc. These are good selections based off the defensive philosophy and personell on the field at that given moment. After watching the Texans for 6 years straight it just looks like our play callers are losing a bit of their aggression. Our Kyle Shannohan play calling was insanely good. It just reaked of overall aggression. It isnít enough that it make sense. It must be agressive.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote